See You at STFM
Aquifer (formerly MedU) is looking forward to attending the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine’s Medical Student Education Conference on February 1-4 in Austin, Texas!
By now, we hope you’ve heard that MedU’s name has changed to Aquifer, and fmCASES will be known as Aquifer Family Medicine. We’re excited to connect with our Aquifer Family Medicine (fmCASES) subscribers in person and share all the latest news.
Connect with Us:
Collaborative Brainstorming Breakfast
Saturday, February 3 at 7:30-8:30 am, Look for our table at the Special Topic Breakfast
Please join us—we need your input as we pursue forming an Aquifer Family Medicine (fmCASES) STFM Collaborative
Friday, February 2
- The Humble Improve: Teaching Medical Students About Diagnostic Errors to Improve Patient Safety (Darin Brink, MD; Kirby Clark, MD; Kristina Lindholm; Andrew Olson, MD)
3:30 – 5:30pm
Saturday, February 3
- Using Self-Directed Learning and Self-Assessment to Engage Millennial Learners and Improve Learning Outcomes (Nancy Weigle, MD; Shou Ling Leong, MD; Mario Cornacchione, DO; Dana Nguyen, MD; Carina Brown; John Waits, MD; Martha Seagrave, BSN, PA-C; Elizabeth Brown, MD, MPH; Jason Chao, MD, MS; David Anthony, MD, MSc; Katherine Margo, MD; Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MSc; Stephen Scott, MD, MPH)
10:30 – 12:00pm
- FEATURED: The New MedU/Aquifer Learning Management System: An Exploration of Its Current and Potential Capabilities (David Anthony, MD, MSc; Elizabeth Brown, MD, MPH; Jason Chao, MD, MS; Shou Ling Leong, MD; Katherine Margo, MD; Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MSc; Stephen Scott, MD, MPH; Martha Seagrave, BSN, PA-C; John Waits, MD; Nancy Weigle, MD; Jordan White, MD, MPH)
3:30 – 5:00pm
- fmCASES Exam Utilized as a Diagnostic Tool to Assess Gaps in Student Knowledge and Correlate These Results with the FM NBME Exam (Franklyn Babb, MD; Nimat Alam; Ellen Hampsten, MD; Christopher Rose; Len Hovey)
3:30 – 5:00pm
Booth & STFM Village
Visit the Aquifer Family Medicine (fmCASES) Booth and in the STFM Village. It’s a great chance to connect with your peers on the Aquifer Family Medicine board, as well as the Aquifer staff.
Learn More About…
- The fmCASES (Aquifer Family Medicine) validated, summative exam, tailored to the STFM clerkship curriculum, is included with your subscription.
- MedU/Aquifer offers several free interdisciplinary courses, including Aquifer Diagnostic Excellence.
- Aqueduct, our learning management system, allows you to create custom courses. You can pick-and-choose cases, integrate cases from our free interdisciplinary courses, organize your students and faculty, and enjoy tailored reporting.
- We offer a range of courses on key topics such as Addiction, Radiology, and Geriatrics. And, like our free courses, you can select cases from these subscriptions for use in a custom course in Aqueduct.
Learn more about these terrific benefits by connecting with us at STFM. Contact us to set up a one-on-one meeting or request a consultation.
Aquifer Family Medicine Course Board
Senior Director: Shou Ling Leong, MD (Pennsylvania State University)
Editor-in-Chief: David Anthony, MD, M.Sc. (Brown University)
Teaching and Learning Leads:
- Elizabeth Brown, MD (University of Rochester)
- Stephen Scott, MD, MPH (Texas Christian University)
Assessment Lead: Jason Chao, MD (Case Western Reserve University)
- Katie Margo, MD (University of Pennsylvania)
- Tomoko Sairenji, MD, MS (University of Washington)
- Martha Seagrave, PA-C (University of Vermont)
- John Waits, MD (University of Alabama)
- Nancy Weigle, MD (Duke University)
- Jordan White, MD, MPH (Brown University)