Medical Students: Join Us to Make an Impact
Aquifer is excited to announce an opportunity to join a national board of medical students tasked with providing critical feedback on the development of Aquifer’s learning tools. Following the success of our previous Student Advisory Groups, we are now recruiting a new group of medical students to serve on the 2022 Student Advisory Group.
Aquifer—a unique non-profit organization—makes a big impact on medical and health professions education. Used in 97% of U.S. allopathic medical schools, 66% of U.S. osteopathic programs, and a growing number of physician assistant and nurse practitioner programs—with over 15 million virtual patient cases completed since our founding in 2006—Aquifer is a leader in clinical learning.
Help us build the best possible tools to advance your clinical learning.
Aquifer is in the process of developing new assessments, cases, and other learning tools. Student voices and ideas are needed to ensure that our solutions provide the most value to students.
Selected students will be invited to preview and provide honest, constructive feedback on Aquifer’s new developing learning tools, designed to be used in medical and health professions programs across the country. Feedback from this group will be used to optimize the technology and content in our tools, inform communications, and develop training resources.
- Completing up to 1 hour of pre-work in advance of each meeting.
- Previewing a new learning tool via interactive demo, watching a screencast, or reading/viewing background information or presentations.
- Completing a preliminary survey with your initial feedback.
- Attending six 1-hour Zoom meetings (approx. every other month) to discuss and learn more about different aspects of the learning tools. Meetings will be scheduled on weekday evenings. Our first meeting is planned for February 2022.
A letter of recognition will be provided at the end of the year if all requirements are fulfilled.
We are accepting applications from students who have completed Aquifer cases either as part of their coursework, or have used our free cases or demo cases on their own, and meet the following requirements:
- Medical students from MD or DO programs who are in their 2nd or 3rd year.
- Interest in medical and health professions education.
- Prepared to give honest, thoughtful feedback in a constructive manner.
- Able to commit to completing all pre-work assignments and attending at least 4 out of 6 meetings.
Applications closed on December 30, 2021.