Now Recruiting Peer Trainers for the Calibrate Formative Assessment System
Develop Faculty Training to Drive Successful Coaching Conversations
Are you an experienced medical or health professions educator with a passion for academic coaching and faculty development? Would you enjoy training your peers to improve their coaching skills, particularly in helping students to develop more effective clinical learning plans using formative assessment data? Are you looking to join a community of educators innovating and advancing professional development in coaching tools and strategies? If so, we are looking for you!
About Aquifer Calibrate
Aquifer Calibrate is an innovative and evidence-based formative assessment system that gives new insight into student knowledge and clinical cognitive competence by calibrating knowledge and certainty gained over time. Aquifer Calibrate provides course-specific (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and radiology) formative assessment data, paired with customized automated coaching suggestions, to support and augment existing assessment and feedback systems. Students realize the full potential for Aquifer Calibrate as assessment for learning when they are supported by an engaged and knowledgeable clinical coach.
Peer Trainer Work & Expected Commitment
Aquifer is recruiting a team of experienced educators to be Peer Trainers who will help to finalize and then deliver professional development on using Calibrate formative assessment data as the starting point in coaching for learning. By joining the initial cohort of Aquifer Calibrate Peer Trainers, you will help us shape how medical and health professions programs across the country use Calibrate formative assessment results to transform how students study and learn.
The expected time commitment is 3-4 hours per month through June 2023, including regular team meetings, scheduled virtual training sessions with Calibrate pilot faculty (variable), and program development work between meetings.
Onboarding (June 2022)
- Attend one two-hour orientation session on June 9th or June 16th from 3:00-5:00 p.m. EST.
Developing & Testing Training Materials (June 2022 – June 2023)
- Participate in monthly Peer Training calls on the third Thursday of each month at 3:00 p.m. EST (60 minutes) beginning in July 2022.
- Provide feedback and develop new content for Aquifer Calibrate Just in Time Coaching Tools and related assets.
- Test coaching approaches and tools with learners as needed.
Training Faculty in the Aquifer Calibrate Pilot Program (Fall 2022-June 2023)
- Deliver virtual professional development for peers at selected Calibrate pilot programs via webshops, webinars, and scheduled consultations.
Benefits of Participation
- Develop innovative faculty training approaches and build best practices in coaching for learning to support transformation in medical and health professions education.
- Leveraging our talented and experienced team, advance your own skills in delivering effective, engaging, and scalable online faculty development and training.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Aquifer’s formative assessment and integrated learning system for use in your own teaching and learning.
- Create opportunities for scholarship through piloting and studying best practices in clinical coaching.
- Have a lasting impact on medical and health professions education by helping to shape how students learn to coach themselves.
- Recognition of your work as an Aquifer Calibrate Peer Trainer to enhance your teaching portfolio and scholarship.