Join a Community of Educators → Use the New Cases → Share Your Feedback & Work
Aquifer is now recruiting educators to participate in a pilot program as early adopters of the Aquifer Excellence in Palliative Care cases. The goal of the pilot program is to collect feedback that will inform the development of future teaching tools, build best practices for integration, and create a collaborative community of educators to share insights and develop scholarly work.
Aquifer–supported by the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations–has developed a national, standardized curriculum and online course that addresses critical gaps in palliative care learning across undergraduate medical and health professions education. The Aquifer Excellence in Palliative Care cases provide foundational knowledge and practical clinical application of the principles of primary palliative care that every clinician should know to improve outcomes and quality of life for seriously ill patients and their families.
As of July 1, all Aquifer Curricular Partner programs (those who subscribe to all five Aquifer Signature courses) have access to the 7 new Aquifer Excellence in Palliative Care cases through June 30, 2023. An additional 6 cases will be added to the course in the Fall of 2022. Any educator at a Curricular Partner program who is planning to use the Excellence in Palliative Care cases is encouraged to apply for the pilot program.
Benefits of Participation:
- Play a role in the development of this new course by providing feedback to inform the creation of teaching tools and educator resources
- Share teaching strategies and brainstorm with a community of palliative care educators
- Partner with Aquifer and colleagues in the pilot on potential scholarly projects through publications and presentations
- Access to educator resources and teaching tools
Qualifications & Requirements:
The Aquifer Palliative Care Pilot Program is open to any educator teaching at an Aquifer Curricular Partner Program.
Participating educators must be willing to:
- Utilize cases from the Aquifer Excellence in Palliative Care cases in any of the following:
- a preclinical course
- integrated into one or more core clinical rotations
- a longitudinal clerkship or course
- a palliative care elective
- Assign cases to students during the current academic year (July 2022-June 2023), preferably between preferably between August, 2022 and March, 2023 (in order to collect timely early adoption feedback). We encourage programs to continue using the cases and participating through June 30, 2023.
- Collect and share student and faculty feedback about the Aquifer Excellence in Palliative Care cases.
- Participate in quarterly group meetings with other educators across health professions education who are using the cases to share insights, teaching strategies, and feedback on the cases and educator resources.
- Optional: Participate in sharing your work via national presentations or publications.
Applications are now closed. Please contact Jonathan Rydberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Aquifer Innovations Manager, with any questions.