Family Medicine – Pediatrics – Radiology
Aquifer’s online multiple-choice exams will now be available for Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Radiology through June 30, 2022. We are pleased to offer this extension to current exam users to help facilitate a smooth transition to alternative assessments, including our new formative assessments which are in development.
Formative Assessments in Development
Pilot Testing Planned for Early 2021
In development for Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology, Internal Medicine
Aquifer’s new formative assessments will combine the concepts of test-enhanced learning and distributed practice to help build more efficient, effective learners. The new assessments will be:
- Single best-answer multiple-choice exams with a certainty rating for each question.
- Shorter assessments that can be given twice during a clerkship or course.
- 25-45 questions long and designed to take approximately 1 hour to complete.
- Easy to administer (no proctoring required). Assigned students complete the exam on their own or as directed by their program.
- Comprehensive and mapped to learning objectives and teaching points in Aquifer cases, which cover the national curriculum for STFM, AUR, COMSEP, and CDIM.
- Developed, written, and peer-reviewed by teams of trained medical educators.
Aquifer plans to enter a robust pilot testing phase for Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Radiology in early 2021. Internal Medicine pilot testing plans are TBD.