Aquifer launched Aqueduct, our new learning management system, in June 2017. Since then, our team has been working to improve the user experience of the platform, optimize existing functionality, and add newly requested features.
We want you—our users—to have the best possible experience.
We would like to highlight some of the work we’ve completed, and share some of the projects our development team is working on for future releases.
We hope you’ve seen our latest improvements, including new reporting functionalities, performance enhancements, sign-in process upgrades, and more:
- Full Reporting with Exports: Program Level Reports, Course, Case, and Student Reports are available in Aqueduct
- Educator Resources: Our Educator Resources provide terrific tools for course integration—including active learning modules, flipped classroom workshops, and educator guides—now accessible through Aqueduct.
- Aquifer Internal Medicine Key Features Exam: If you are using the Aquifer Internal Medicine Key Features Exam, you’ll appreciate that we have migrated it to Aqueduct and simplified the exam administration process.
- Intuitive Sign-in Process: Our sign-in, registration, and password reset processes were improved to make it easier for users to register and sign-in to access courses.
- Aqueduct Rebranding: We’re blue! When MedU changed to Aquifer, our learning management system was rebranded with our new logo, colors, fonts, and course names.
As we look to the future, we’re focused on improving your user experience even more and adding the features you want, including:
User Management Upgrades
We’re adding features to simplify how you view, add, and remove users from your program.
- Separate administrative and student user panels for easier user viewing
- Cleaner user panel displays, with more detailed information available at-a-glance:
- Administrative users’ name, email, role in Aqueduct, self-reported clinical discipline, and date added to Aqueduct
- Student users’ name, email, self-reported anticipated graduation date, and date added to Aqueduct
- Export your user list, including the information available in the new user panel display, to sort and work with as you wish
- Sort and filter users by role and status
- Batch delete administrative and student users
- Administrative user panel access for all administrative users providing the ability to view others in your program
- Option to send student invitation emails when rostering students to a program for any course, and specify a “send date”
Course Management Optimization
- Replicate custom and Aquifer signature courses. Reusing a set of cases will be quick and easy with the ability to copy courses. Just be sure to add a new group of students to your copied course, and update the course name if you wish.
- A new, clean case listing page with thumbnail images for easy viewing, plus detailed author and case update information (release notes, date last updated) available at-a-glance
- An updated course page with easy visual differentiation between Aquifer signature courses, custom courses, exams, and educator and student resources
User Interface Improvements
- Aqueduct is getting an updated design with a clean, modern feel, but with the same simple, easy-to-use navigation
- Quick-view of progress through each case on an updated case listing page, plus case update information (release notes, date last updated) available at-a-glance
- Easy visual differentiation between custom courses that students were added to and Aquifer signature courses that are part of their school’s institutional subscription
Android and iOS Mobile Applications
- Enjoy full mobile access—anytime, anywhere, and across your devices—with the ability to download cases to work offline.
Note: The updates above will apply to all Aquifer courses. WISE-OnCall and WISE-MD are distributed by Aquifer on behalf of the NYU School of Medicine and are available on the WISE platform, accessed from your Aquifer account.