We are always looking for self-motivated, creative, multi-disciplinary professionals who thrive in a small company environment.
Working at Aquifer
- Work at the forefront of healthcare education with the nation’s leading medical educators
- Collaborative, friendly, and innovative team
- Salary and benefits competitive in the Upper Valley region
- Flexible work environment
Working in the Upper Valley
Aquifer is located in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the scenic Upper Valley region – across the street from Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, next door to Hanover and Dartmouth College, and across the river from Vermont. The area offers a friendly, safe lifestyle where people support and care about each other.
New England’s best hiking, skiing, and other spectacular outdoor adventures are just around the corner. The Upper Valley has an active arts and entertainment scene, terrific museums, convenient shopping, great schools, and convenient travel to Boston and New York.
Aquifer, a non-profit organization delivering online health care education, is seeking a Business Systems Manager with a 4-month commitment with potential Full Time to join our operations team in the Upper Valley Region across from Dartmouth Hitchcock!
The Aquifer team’s mission is to transform health care education and learning. Our online courses are designed by the nation’s leading medical educators to help medical students acquire much-needed critical reasoning, diagnostic, and communication skills. Our products are used by 95% of all US allopathic medical schools, and every year 40,000 students take Aquifer courses and complete over 1,000,000 virtual learning cases. We are expanding our efforts to assist institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic and need to add to our staff during this time on a virtual basis initially and eventually in our Lebanon office.
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for business IT, customer onboarding and training, customer tech support functions, sales administration (including CRM management), as well as reporting and analytics related to customer relationship management metrics. The Business Systems Manager reports to the CFO with dotted line reporting to the Director of Relationship Management. Direct reports include customer support and inbound sales staff. While not directly responsible for Aquifer exam administration, the Business Systems Manager works closely with the Director of Curricular Operations to ensure effective and efficient customer support across systems and platforms.
- Documents, analyzes, creates and maintains processes to ensure quality, efficiency and scalability in all processes related to customer sales, onboarding and technical support.
- Responsible for all aspects of Aquifer’s technical support team, including initial customer training following confirmation of institutional quote through evidence of successful systems onboarding; establishes and monitors quality of handoff to Relationship Management team for curricular integration support.
- Responsible for all aspects of Aquifer’s technical support team addressing ongoing student and faculty technical support related to the Aqueduct learning platform. Integrates as needed into the Exam Support team to provide fluid customer support across systems and platforms.
- Manages all aspects of Aquifer’s Zoho CRM technical, dashboards, reporting, forecasting support and scaling operations to support strategic initiatives. Collaborates with the Director of Platform Operations to provide regular CRM backups.
- Establishes, monitors and responds to relevant KPI’s including support tickets processed per day, number of customer issues requiring rework, and metrics related to customer onboarding satisfaction and competency.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to effectively integrate Walkme support into Zoho desk to further enable effective onboarding and launch of new features; works with Communications Manager to integrate Web knowledge base content across support platforms.
- Works closely with the Analytics team to support data warehouse operations and analytics. Provides direct support to the Director of Relationship for analytics related to sales and customer relationships.
- Supports the CFO on projects related to upgrading and improving office IT systems (e.g. support desk, CRM, phone systems, etc).
- Bachelor’s in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, Zoom and Google Suite (calendaring in particular).
- Experience with enterprise software systems, including CRM, support ticketing and reporting/analytics including KPIs
- Experience with best practices in process analysis and documentation, systems requirements and implementations, and a track record of being proactive in identifying problems, researching and proposing solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on multiple simultaneous project priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and works well in a team environment or individually; comfortable working effectively with remote employees.
Aquifer is seeking an Assessment Coordinator to join our Curriculum Operations Team to provide excellent assessment services and customer support, as well as to contribute to the development and maintenance of Aquifer’s assessment products for health professions students. Our ideal candidate will have a strong drive to enhance the customer experience, an ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships, an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail. You will work with our motivated staff and leading medical educators from around the country to ensure that our assessment services and products are high-quality.
Aquifer is dedicated to delivering the best health care education through collaborative development and research into innovative, high-impact virtual teaching and learning methods. We offer virtual patient cases designed by the nation’s leading medical educators to help students in their third year of medical school acquire much-needed critical reasoning, diagnostic, and communication skills. In use at 95% of all US allopathic medical schools, each year more than 40,000 students take Aquifer courses and complete over 1,000,000 virtual learning cases. The Aquifer team is committed to the mission of transforming healthcare education and learning.
Work with Aquifer’s Curriculum Operations Team to provide excellent Aquifer assessment services and customer support:
- Set up exams and provide exam results within two business days.
- Provide testing policies and procedures to customers as needed.
- Staff customer Help Desk to provide assistance troubleshooting common technical errors and answer questions on assessment procedures.
- Provide coverage for technical Help Desk, as needed.
- Report software bugs.
- Update customer support documentation.
- Collect customer satisfaction data.
Work with Aquifer’s Curriculum Operations Team to contribute to the development and maintenance of Aquifer’s assessment products:
- Assist with the development of exam templates.
- Perform exam data collection and pre-set calculations.
- Regularly test the exam system to ensure proper function and scoring accuracy.
- Coordinate Aquifer’s assessment development and maintenance processes:
- Populate question-writing materials
- Schedule meeting space and online video conferencing
- Coordinate contributor reminders, contracts, & acknowledgements
- Copy-edit updates, track related metadata, and upload new content into the system
- Document progress
- Assist in tracking resources for specific assessment initiatives.
- Implement project management plans when needed on specific assessment initiatives.
- Assist with testing new software development and ensuring scoring accuracy, as needed.
- Assist in implementing pilot testing, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in a digital production environment providing customer service and technical content support. Online education experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong drive to enhance the customer experience.
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional working relationships, including with authors and editors working remotely.
- Proofreading and editing experience, familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
- Digital publishing experience, such as the use of WordPress, Drupal, or other content management systems, basic experience with image editing, Google Docs, and project management systems. A love of (or at least an affinity for) spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive information and data.
The Work Environment
Aquifer strongly values diversity and the inclusion of people from a wide range of backgrounds and experience, recognizing that such diversity will enrich our culture and is likely to strengthen our ability to fulfill our organization’s mission.
This position will generally work in an office environment with substantial time spent in front of a computer screen and interacting with staff, both on site and virtually. The ability to work remotely in this position will be limited. Some local and longer distance travel by car and plane may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. This position will require the physical and mental ability to work independently and to interact successfully with a wide range of employees, contractors, and advisors. Aquifer staff share a common philosophy which we demonstrate by being professional, team players, action oriented, transparent, honest, resilient, patient and unflappable.