We are always looking for self-motivated, creative, multi-disciplinary professionals who thrive in a small company environment.
Working at Aquifer
- Work at the forefront of healthcare education with the nation’s leading medical educators
- Collaborative, friendly, and innovative team
- Salary and benefits competitive in the Upper Valley region
- Flexible work environment
Working in the Upper Valley
Aquifer is located in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the scenic Upper Valley region – across the street from Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, next door to Hanover and Dartmouth College, and across the river from Vermont. The area offers a friendly, safe lifestyle where people support and care about each other.
New England’s best hiking, skiing, and other spectacular outdoor adventures are just around the corner. The Upper Valley has an active arts and entertainment scene, terrific museums, convenient shopping, great schools, and convenient travel to Boston and New York.
Aquifer, a non-profit organization delivering online health care education, is seeking a Business Systems Manager with a 4-month commitment with potential Full Time to join our operations team in the Upper Valley Region across from Dartmouth Hitchcock!
The Aquifer team’s mission is to transform health care education and learning. Our online courses are designed by the nation’s leading medical educators to help medical students acquire much-needed critical reasoning, diagnostic, and communication skills. Our products are used by 95% of all US allopathic medical schools, and every year 40,000 students take Aquifer courses and complete over 1,000,000 virtual learning cases. We are expanding our efforts to assist institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic and need to add to our staff during this time on a virtual basis initially and eventually in our Lebanon office.
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for business IT, customer onboarding and training, customer tech support functions, sales administration (including CRM management), as well as reporting and analytics related to customer relationship management metrics. The Business Systems Manager reports to the CFO with dotted line reporting to the Director of Relationship Management. Direct reports include customer support and inbound sales staff. While not directly responsible for Aquifer exam administration, the Business Systems Manager works closely with the Director of Curricular Operations to ensure effective and efficient customer support across systems and platforms.
- Documents, analyzes, creates and maintains processes to ensure quality, efficiency and scalability in all processes related to customer sales, onboarding and technical support.
- Responsible for all aspects of Aquifer’s technical support team, including initial customer training following confirmation of institutional quote through evidence of successful systems onboarding; establishes and monitors quality of handoff to Relationship Management team for curricular integration support.
- Responsible for all aspects of Aquifer’s technical support team addressing ongoing student and faculty technical support related to the Aqueduct learning platform. Integrates as needed into the Exam Support team to provide fluid customer support across systems and platforms.
- Manages all aspects of Aquifer’s Zoho CRM technical, dashboards, reporting, forecasting support and scaling operations to support strategic initiatives. Collaborates with the Director of Platform Operations to provide regular CRM backups.
- Establishes, monitors and responds to relevant KPI’s including support tickets processed per day, number of customer issues requiring rework, and metrics related to customer onboarding satisfaction and competency.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to effectively integrate Walkme support into Zoho desk to further enable effective onboarding and launch of new features; works with Communications Manager to integrate Web knowledge base content across support platforms.
- Works closely with the Analytics team to support data warehouse operations and analytics. Provides direct support to the Director of Relationship for analytics related to sales and customer relationships.
- Supports the CFO on projects related to upgrading and improving office IT systems (e.g. support desk, CRM, phone systems, etc).
- Bachelor’s in a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, Zoom and Google Suite (calendaring in particular).
- Experience with enterprise software systems, including CRM, support ticketing and reporting/analytics including KPIs
- Experience with best practices in process analysis and documentation, systems requirements and implementations, and a track record of being proactive in identifying problems, researching and proposing solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on multiple simultaneous project priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and works well in a team environment or individually; comfortable working effectively with remote employees.
This position is for a motivated Full Stack Software Developer to help build the next generation medical education platform. This position will work alongside our software development team to support new releases of our main Medical Education Delivery Platform. Our Engineering team includes Junior and Senior developers supporting the following areas: Design, Mobile, and Platform. We take pride in the utility of the products we have built and the craftsmanship of their implementations.
Aquifer (https://aquifer.org/) is a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering the best health care education through collaborative development and research into innovative, high-impact virtual teaching and learning methods. We develop virtual patient cases designed by the nation’s leading medical educators to help students in their third year of medical school acquire much-needed critical reasoning, diagnostic, and communication skills. Each year, more than 60,000 students take Aquifer courses and complete over 1,500,000 virtual cases. The Aquifer team is committed to the mission of transforming healthcare education and learning. We share a common philosophy in our interaction with our coworkers, customers and collaborators to be human which we demonstrate by being professional, team players, action oriented, transparent, honest, resilient, patient and unflappable.
- Write, test, deploy and maintain software code
- Reverse engineer software code
- Document software code
- Requirements Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree
- Building and Using APIs
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Testing frameworks such as Cucumber and Rspec
- Experience in the medical education publishing industry
- Cloud Networking
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
What you could pick up by working with us
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Strong mentoring by experienced developers
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like exams and evaluations
- Practice designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Solid relational database design fundamentals
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
Benefits (provided on a separate document)
- Addendum: Paid Time Off (PTO) for PTO earned
- Policy states:
- First 2 years: 120 hours = 15 days
- 3-10 years: 160 hours = 20 days
- More than 10 years: 200 hours = 25 days
- As an addendum to the policy and part of this offer letter, Aquifer will grant 5 extra days to the first 2 years of service (therefore you’ll have 160 hours/20 days for the first 10 years).
- Policy states:
The digital production associate works with Aquifer’s curriculum operations team and leading medical educators from around the country to create and maintain courses for health professions students. Each year, students complete more than 1 million virtual cases using Aquifer’s proprietary teaching and learning system. The digital production associate works with expert editorial boards to ensure that those cases are accurate, up to date, and engaging.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational and project management skills, be adept at using digital publishing tools (and excited about learning new tools), and have high standards for the quality of their work.
Coordinate all aspects of online course maintenance to ensure timely and accurate updates to case content:
- Manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously while remaining organized
- Use Aquifer’s teaching and learning tool to update course content
- Ensure cases follow Aquifer’s style for writing and pedagogy
- Proofread content for grammar, punctuation, and style
- Use Photoshop or other tools for basic image editing
- Work with authors and editors to obtain permissions for copyrighted materials and track permissions information
- Check text, images, links, references, and other content for accuracy and timeliness
- Report on progress of case reviews
Manage relationships with course boards:
- Manage monthly editorial board calls and ensure timely communication with boards
- Provide board members with support for national meetings and scholarship recognition
- Provide updates to Aquifer staff on course board activities
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, including with contributors based remotely
- Digital publishing experience, such as the use of WordPress, Drupal, or other content management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Experience with project management software
- A love of (or at least an affinity for) spreadsheets
- Experience with Google Docs and other G Suite products
- Experience with image editing
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
Exceptional candidates will have top-notch organizational skills, learn quickly, and seek to constantly improve the way we do our work.