We are always looking for self-motivated, creative, multi-disciplinary professionals who thrive in a small company environment.
Working at Aquifer
- Work at the forefront of healthcare education with the nation’s leading medical educators
- Collaborative, friendly, and innovative team
- Salary and benefits competitive in the Upper Valley region
- Flexible work environment
Working in the Upper Valley
Aquifer is located in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the scenic Upper Valley region – across the street from Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, next door to Hanover and Dartmouth College, and across the river from Vermont. The area offers a friendly, safe lifestyle where people support and care about each other.
New England’s best hiking, skiing, and other spectacular outdoor adventures are just around the corner. The Upper Valley has an active arts and entertainment scene, terrific museums, convenient shopping, great schools, and convenient travel to Boston and New York.
Digital Production Associate
Aquifer is seeking a digital production associate to join our curriculum operations team to create and maintain online courses for health professions students. Our ideal candidate will have high standards for proofreading and editing quality, be adept at using digital publishing tools (and excited about learning new tools), and have strong organizational and project management skills. You will work with leading medical educators from around the country and expert editorial boards to ensure that our cases are accurate, up to date, and engaging.
Coordinate all aspects of online course maintenance to ensure timely and accurate updates to case content:
- Proofread for grammar, punctuation, and style, including use of medical terminology; verify accuracy and timeliness of text, images, links, references, and other content; ensure courses follow Aquifer’s style guide for writing and pedagogy.
- Quickly master and use Aquifer’s Authoring and Editing Tool to update course content and student test questions.
- Perform basic image editing using Photoshop or other tools. Video and audio editing experience is an added plus.
- Manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously while remaining organized.
- Work with authors and editors to obtain permissions for copyrighted materials and track permissions information.
- Maintain KPIs on progress of assigned content reviews.
Manage relationships with course boards:
- Manage monthly editorial board calls and maintain timely communication with boards.
- Provide administrative support for national meetings and scholarship recognition for authors and editors.
- Provide updates to Aquifer staff on course board activities.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a digital production environment with technical content. Online education experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proofreading and editing experience, familiarity with medical terminology a plus.
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional working relationships, including with authors and editors working remotely.
- You must have digital publishing experience, such as the use of WordPress, Drupal, or other content management systems, and basic experience with image editing, Google Docs, and project management systems such as Monday.com. A love of (or at least an affinity for) spreadsheets is a plus.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest to [email protected].