Educator-to-educator Support for Faculty
Connect with an experienced medical educator to discuss your questions and learn best-practices. We want to be sure that you are able to make the most of your Aquifer access.
We’re excited to offer you a personalized academic-focused session with an experienced medical educator who actively uses Aquifer in a variety of learning environments, with different levels of learners.
Peer consultations can cover a range of teaching and curricular suggestions and guidance. Each call will be customized to your specific needs, with the goal of getting you quickly up-to-speed and making the most of your subscription.
Curricular Integration & Online Learning
- What is the best way to use Aquifer to support the new realities of my course?
- How can I be sure my students are seeing the types of patients they need?
- What strategies can I use to help students develop clinical reasoning skills?
- How do I implement online didactic sessions, virtual group work, or discussions?
Different Learners & Environments
Aquifer is designed for students during their clinical rotations, but can be used in a variety of ways:
- Building electives
- Providing clinical relevance to pre-clinical students
- Challenging advanced students on special topics
- Designing a fourth-year or residency bootcamp
Key Features for Educators
- Track student work
- Provide feedback by reviewing student summary statements
- Explore the ready-to-use teaching tools included with some courses
- Searchable case library and quick access to case details
Note: For administrative tasks and how-to’s–rostering students, managing users, building custom courses, and more–visit our Getting Started page or watch our COVID-19 Response training video for an overview. Peer consultations will focus on teaching strategies and curricular integration.
Our Team of Educators
You will be talking to experienced medical educators who actively use the Aquifer materials in a variety of ways, with experiences that apply to a range of disciplines and levels of learners. Everyone you will be talking to is a faculty member at medical schools around North America and part of the Aquifer Educators Consortium.
Schedule a Peer Consult
Select a time on the calendar below to schedule your Peer Consultation. To help us meet your needs efficiently, consultations must be scheduled at least 8 hours in advance.
Please note that we will be adding new available days and times as they become available. If you are unable to find a slot that works for you- please email [email protected] and we will try to accomodate you.
After you select a time and complete the questions in the application form, be sure to add the invite to your calendar of choice. You will receive a confirmation email after scheduling a consultation as well as an email with the Zoom meeting information, once your day and time has been approved.
Emails will be sent directly to the email address you provide- if you have additional colleagues who you are having attend (limit up to 6 total)- please send them the information, they will not receive any information directly from Aquifer.