Medical & Health Professions Students: Join Us
Aquifer is excited to announce a new opportunity to join a national board of interprofessional students tasked with providing critical feedback on the development of Aquifer’s new learning tools. Medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students are invited to apply to serve on the new Student Advisory Board.
Aquifer—a unique non-profit organization—makes a big impact on medical and health professions education. Used in 95% of U.S. allopathic medical schools, 66% of U.S. osteopathic programs, and a growing number of physician assistant, and nurse practitioner programs—with over 13 million virtual patient cases completed since our founding in 2006—Aquifer is a leader in clinical learning.
Help us build the best possible tools to advance your clinical learning.
Aquifer is in the process of developing new assessments, cases, and other learning tools. Student voices and ideas are needed to ensure that our solutions provide the most value to students.
Selected students will be invited to preview and provide honest, constructive feedback on Aquifer’s new developing learning tools, designed to be used in medical and health professions programs across the country. Feedback from this group will be used to optimize the technology and content in our tools, inform communications, and develop training resources.
Work will include:
- Completing up to 1 hour of pre-work in advance of each quarterly meeting.
- Previewing a new learning tool via interactive demo, watching a screencast, or reading/viewing a presentation.
- Completing a preliminary survey with your initial feedback.
- Attending a 1-hour Zoom meeting quarterly to discuss and learn more about different aspects of the learning tools. Meetings will be scheduled on weekday evenings; tentatively scheduled in January, April, July, and October.
Student Advisory Group members will have the option to apply to attend the Aquifer Educator Consortium’s Annual Meeting in early October in Portsmouth, NH. Attendance is not required; an open application process will be announced in the late spring/early summer. Students who are selected to attend will have travel expenses paid.
A letter of recognition is available by request.
The Aquifer Student Engagement Group is accepting applications from students who meet the following requirements:
- Medical students from MD or DO programs who are in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year
- Physician assistant and Nurse Practitioner students who are in the clinical phase of their training.
- Interest in medical and health professions education.
- Prepared to give honest, thoughtful feedback in a constructive manner.
- Able to commit to completing all pre-work assignments and attending at least three out of four quarterly meetings (January – October 2020).
If you are interested, please complete our short online application below by December 4, 2019. Students will be notified of their status by January 1. Please contact Karey Waters, Aquifer Communications and Insights Manager, with any questions.
Aquifer Student Engagement Co-Leads
Katherine Chretien, MD
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences
Jennifer Bierman, MD
Clerkship Director, ECMH (Education Centered Medical Home)
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine