The Aquifer Palliative Care Leadership Team is moving forward with the work to create new curricular content about palliative care with the support of the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations.
Right now, this interdisciplinary team of experts from across the fields of medicine, nursing, and social work are actively working on creating a palliative care curriculum for all health professions students. The next step will be creating a new Aquifer course.
Invitation for Feedback: Faculty & Program Leadership
In order to advance this work, the team is seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders that will inform the direction of the work on this project.
At this stage, they are seeking feedback from all medical school and health professions educators in the following roles:
- Teaching faculty
- Course or clerkship directors
- Program Directors
Input from these educators will guide the work of forming the curriculum, learning objectives, and instructional approach for the new content.
All educators in any of the roles listed above are invited to take 5-10 minutes to complete the Palliative Care in Medical & Health Professions Education survey. The survey will be open from February 23 to March 3.
The Aquifer Palliative Care Leadership Team will hold several focus group discussions about palliative care in medical and health professions education. The feedback from these discussions will augment the survey data to help inform the project work.
Focus Groups are currently full.
Aquifer Palliative Care Leadership Team
Academic Lead: Mandi Sehgal, MD; Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine/Cleveland Clinic
Aquifer Lead: Sherilyn Smith, MD; Aquifer, University of Washington
- Brynn Bowman, MPA; Center to Advance Palliative Care
- Karen Bullock, PhD, LCSW, APHSW-C; North Carolina State University
- Rebecca Edwards, DNP, APRN, ACNP, AOCNP, ACHPN; University of Alabama
- Susan Merel, MD; University of Washington
- Kristen Schaefer, MD, FAAPM; Care Dimensions
- Barbara Reville, DNP, ANP-BC, ACHPN; Harvard Medical School Center for Palliative Care
- Paul Tatum, MD; University of Texas at Austin-Dell Medical School